[linux-audio-dev] Multi Channel Sound Card choice

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Multi Channel Sound Card choice
From: Mr. White (mrwhite_AT_eurielec.etsit.upm.es)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 15:36:55 EEST

        Hello all.

        I know this list is not exactly about this issue, but I really
cannot think of anywhere else to ask this.

        I'd like to buy an affordable multichannel soundcard to use a
linuxbox as a mixer/dj box. I presume the best choice right now would
be hammerfall+adc/dac but, this is far too expensive. Moreover I don't
need 36 channels, just a few.

        Guillemot's Maxi Studio ISIS seems a very good choice, but it
seems not to be supported by alsa.

        Another one I've seen is the Delta series 44 or 66. But these don't
have MIDI and, moreover, 4 mono inputs seem insufficient for me.

        In fact, I really don't need synth, or onboard effects... just
the MIDI a couple of out-channels (speakers and headphones), and about
3 or 4 stereo in-channels (+ supported by ALSA).

        I know it may be impossible, but I would greatly appreciate any
help on this.

--
"Sendmail may be safely run set-user-id to root."
 Eric Allman, "Sendmail Installation Guide"