Re: [linux-audio-dev] matrix model vs. memory

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] matrix model vs. memory
From: Karl MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 20:45:04 EEST

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> >What seems easiest to me is a LADSPA like plugin to manipulate the gain.
> >By making it an independent element on the graph it allows the normal
> >graph sorting to optimize the buffer usage. It is also the most flexible.
>
> Karl, please see my reply to Abramo. The question is whether the most
> fundamental method of transferring data from one port to another
> includes a gain coefficient. If it doesn't, then precisely how gain is
> implemented is irrelevant.

Right - I am suggesting that a gain coefficient should not be included -
it just seems too complex and not nearly as effifient as the alternatives.

Karl

> --p

| Karl W. MacMillan |
| Computer Music Department |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu |
| mambo.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac |