Re: [linux-audio-dev] matrix model vs. memory

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] matrix model vs. memory
From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 09:18:41 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> >My proposal is to allow buffer sharing (like in my soundbox_port_link)
> >and to have two helper functions for not sharing case.
> >1) for each in_ch: out[dest[in_ch]] = in[in_ch]*gain[in_ch]
> >
> >2) for each out_ch: out[out_ch] = sum in[in_ch]*gain[in_ch,out_ch]
> > for each in_ch
>
> and please tell me where gain[] comes from?

If you want it static: from an ordinary array.

If you want it dynamic and presented to user: using an array exported
via my soundpanel API.

What's the problem? ;-)

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo_AT_alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023 Via Emilia Interna, 140 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project http://www.alsa-project.org It sounds good!