Re: [linux-audio-dev] matrix model vs. memory

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] matrix model vs. memory
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 15:43:26 EEST

>> You've just suggested the very concept I've been arguing for. In your
>> first comment about it, it was done as a plugin. you've now suggested
>> that it be available for two helper functions that form the core of
>> the system.
>>
>> See my point? :)
>
>But I'm not excluding the possibility to have it *also* in a plugin (a
>matrix routing soundbox). Why to impose limits to fantasy? ;-)

I never suggested it couldn't also be a plugin. The question is
whether it be can done without a plugin. If it is present in the core
the system, then the usefulness of the plugin is a bit limited, but
its obviously feasible. If its not present in the core, then the
plugin is very useful, but less efficient.

So, is it at the core of the system, or not?

--p