Re: [linux-audio-dev] more fundamental questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more fundamental questions
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 21:36:32 EEST

>This thing amazes me... I was under the strong belief that GUIs run in
>separate process space. I'm missing something?

Yes, we've spoken enthusiastically about this here, but its still not
the ideal situation, since it implies the need for some IPC method to
control the "DSP" part of the LADSPA plugin from the GUI process (and
vice versa).

At the present time, LADSPA plugin GUI's are an essentially unsolved
problem with several promising solutions not yet implemented.

--p