Re: [linux-audio-dev] LOGO contest

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LOGO contest
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 20:41:42 EEST

[ discussion about entirely new proposals ]

guys,

we have had a deadline with bells and whistles and whatnot.
we are now in the process of *electing* one design out of two.
we are not starting the discussion all over again.

IMNSHO, this is justified by the many explicit announcements that
have been made.
the initial post from frank was *two weeks* ago. plenty of time to
react.
i have not received a single counter-vote when i proposed the
election dates.

this is just a logo. not an all-purpose, low-latency,
high-throughput, real-time, dead-sexy audio application glue api. at
the risk of severely impairing other peoples' creativity, i
*strongly* suggest a more utilitaristic approach to the marketing
side of things, which is:

lets get it done and back to coding.

no three-month public design phase please.

to make it clear: i'm not ranting against the ideas, but the
*timing*.

as ever, no personal offense intended.

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany