Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] laaga, round 2

Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] laaga, round 2
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 08:12:19 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
> A more useful example is application 1 writes to bus channel 1 and
> application 2 reads from bus channel 1. We know that app 1 must run
> before app 2. if app 1 also reads from bus channel 2 and app 2 writes
> there, then we have a feedback loop at the application level, and its
> not solvable in a general way: any execution order will have
> problems.

Sorry, I must be dense. It sounds like you're saying that there
cannot be data sent in both directions between apps.

Like so:

"Mixer" ---> bus 1 ----> "recorder"

This is not allowed???
Isn't this type of thing the whole point of the LAAGA idea?

--
custom calendars & printing: http://www.calendargalaxy.com