Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux oss audio input meters

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux oss audio input meters
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_wava.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 16:55:59 EET

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Christopher Deckard wrote:

> i am using aumix with oss drivers on RH 6.1, running in text only mode. is
> there a program that will show input levels from the command line?

You might want to try my wavlib package, available at:

        http://linux.blackhawke.net/download/wavlib-2.4.2.tar.gz

The ameter(1) command in that is an OSS level metering utility implemented
using ncurses.

Cheers!

|Frederick F. Gleason, Jr.|WAVA Radio - 105 FM |Voice: 1-(703)-807-2266 |
| Director of Engineering |1901 N. Moore Street| FAX: 1-(703)-807-2245 |
| |Arlington, VA 22209 | Web: http://www.wava.com|
| Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's |
| supposed to do. |
| -- Robert A. Heinlein |