[linux-audio-dev] minimum tick time

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] minimum tick time
From: Maarten de Boer (maarten.deboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 18:12:01 EET

Hello,

I am trying to get low latency with alsa.
I have kernel 2.4.13 with the preemptive patch and the
alsa-driver/utils/patches/rtc-2.4.9.dif patch applied.
In the kernel configuration, I turned on RTC and
Preemptive.

I run the alsa-lib/test/latency.c test in poll mode,
but the problem is the tick time, which is at 100 Hz:

snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time(params, NULL) = 10000

What am I doing wrong?

Maarten