[linux-audio-dev] Re: minimum tick time

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: minimum tick time
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 10:57:08 EET

Paul Davis wrote:
> Ah, OK. yes, i suppose this might not be clear.
> [...]

But you made it completely clear now! Thank you very much, Paul.

Paul Davis wrote also:
> but its basically fairly easy to get this performance out of
> any program that is engineered properly. latency.c is not the
> correct place to start such a program from, however. its a test
> tool, not a viable application.

And this is the source of all problems: I thought it was a good
idea to use latency.c as a starting point. It would be nice if
there would be a small low latency i/o with some processing
(yes, that would be a more appropriate place for the filtersweep,
wouldn't it?) example in the alsa-lib/test.

Maarten