Re: [linux-audio-dev] intel signal processing lib

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] intel signal processing lib
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 12:29:42 EET

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 01:39:08AM +0200, Jussi Laako wrote:
> PIII is piece of crap because it has lots of cache misses in strange places
> thus creating strange results. This is because PII/PIII cache doesn't handle
> floats properly (see some hardware test sites for details).

Thanks thats very interesting.

Anyone working with PIII's at a low level can tell that theres something
screwey with the cache. I wasn't aware that it was float specific and I
wasn't aware that the athlon was that much better.

If theres anyone out there with an althon and has my plugins installed I'd
be greatful if they could run some benchmarks for me (mail me for the
code).

- Steve