[linux-audio-dev] terrible latencytest results.. why??

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] terrible latencytest results.. why??
From: Maarten de Boer (maarten.deboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 17:31:34 EET

Not understanding why I could not get alsa-lib/test/latency.c to work
well, I decided to run Benno's latency test. It has been a long time
since I did... The results are surprising, and nothing like the excellent
results I have seen posted here.

$ ./do_tests none 3 128 0 256

http://193.145.55.36/latencytest/

(yes, I use a very small size for the disk tests, but even then!)

Something is definitely very wrong here. I am running kernel
2.4.13 patched with preempt-kernel-rml-2.4.13-2.patch

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 2
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping : 1
cpu MHz : 704.936
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips : 1405.74

I will check now what happens with 2.4.14 and Andrews LL patch...

Maarten