Re: [linux-audio-dev] GLAME 0.5.3 released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] GLAME 0.5.3 released
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 18:43:44 EET

wow.
builds nicely for me.

quite stable with huge files, and a problem i used to have with a
cvs checkout from 2 weeks ago (it would eat parts of large files by
setting whole regions to zero) seems gone.

but alsa support still seems broken :(
all i get is an error dialog with the insightful message "cannot
play". uck.
i might have guessed that from not hearing anything :)

i've tried both "hw:0,0" and "plughw:0,0" for in and out. i've also
changed the "buffer size hint" to 512, which works with ardour.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany