Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 23:26:27 EET

It really blew my mind when Paul Winkler <slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com> said:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 06:28:27PM +0000, motet_AT_zoom.co.uk wrote:
> >
> > >Of course, it is just a resampling problem (just?) if the
> > >soundcards are running at constant rates. I should've
> > >thought of that.
> >
> > ahh, yes, that makes sense!
> > thanks heaps - that would be a very sensible point from
> > which to start :o)
>
> Assuming the clocks on the cards really *are* running at constant
> rates. I wonder how consistent those things are? (I'm not a (digital)
> hardware guy...)

I was and I can tell you they will drift relative to one another. It
will probably be less than 50 part per million.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
Journalist: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has finally said Linux
            is the No. 1 threat to Windows. What's your response to that?
Linus     : "Tag, you're it." I don't care. They've had a lot of
            enemies in their time. Let them fight one enemy that
            doesn't care for a change.