[linux-audio-dev] more bad low latency results

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] more bad low latency results
From: Maarten de Boer (maarten.deboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 19:06:50 EET

Since with AMD Athlon I get either bad low latency (compiling for AMD)
or bad sound quality (if I compile for 386. really don't understand why..),
I now did some tests on a Pentium III. The results are still not good:

kernel 2.4.14 low latency patch a Pentium III 800 Mhz,

http://193.145.55.36/latencytest/2.4.14-LL-PIII/3x256.html

I am getting really disappointed. It's no fun to compile
kernels and alsa with different configurations lots of time only
to get bad results.

What kernels are you guys running? What would be the safest bet?
On what processor? I really want it to work well on the AMD Athlon.
Anybody using an AMD Athlon and has good LL results?

Maarten