Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 03:36:14 EET

Haha, well that can be dangerous ;) Seriously though it might be
better to do some reading on the crystals. It could be potentially
harmful depending on the chip. Let's say for instance the the voltage
is diffent on both cards, now you have an extra load on that pin.
This could cause timing problems in the card. I mean if they are
cheap cards and you don't care, go for it :) But being an engineer I
try and understand things a little better. If I were doing it, I
would probably build a seperate circuit that could feed both clocks
with say a set of buffers. This way, that extra wire load wouldn't
cause too much trouble.

And yes, PLL jitter can be bad, although with the current PLLs I am
seeing in the latest chips I am working on, they are pretty damn good
now. What I wonder though is the jitter of the PCI bus.

Rick