[linux-audio-dev] Problems with SB PCI512 on RH7.1

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Problems with SB PCI512 on RH7.1
From: Mark Parker (mtp_AT_mtp.mv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 21:36:10 EET

I have a strange problem with my sound card. I have an Athlon 1.0G system
with 512MB RAM and a SoundBlaster PCI512 card. It works fine with the cdrom,
but will not work with media player or system sounds. I have checked all the
sliders. (The mixer says SB Live!) Digital 2 appears to be the line out.
CDROM works for CD. Nothing else does anything. The only effect is with Line
at full volume, I get some hum, that is all. In looking at system info,
under I/O ports, it lists :
d400-d41f Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10000
        d400-d41f EMU10k1
obviously the first entry is wrong and the second corect, but what does it
mean??
Interrupts correctly gives:
10: 384113 XT_PIC EMU10k1
PCI gives the incorrect SB Live! EMU10000 info
help!

--
Mark Parker
Triton #516, "All Ways"