[linux-audio-dev] jack question

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] jack question
From: Andy Lo-A-Foe (andy_AT_alsaplayer.org)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 04:42:33 EET

Hi,

I am attempting to write a piece of code that does output via jackd. I'm
playing a bit with the jack_simple_client program. From what I
understand this client connects "ALSA I/O:Input 1" to
"ALSA I/O:Output 1", i.e. recording from a source and immediately
outputting it again, right? However, I get no output when running
jack_simple_client, even though the recording source is set and
generating data.

Can anyone confirm that the current jackd actually outputs audio?

BTW, if jackd is run with real-time priority, shouldn't all the clients
be running in real-time too? The process() call runs inside the client
after all!?

Andy