RE: [linux-audio-dev] embedded sound api.

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] embedded sound api.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 14:36:40 EET

The idea is to have a dual boot system where the default boot is into
the embedded version and the secondary boot is to a full working version
of linux.

For those who are interested what we are doing. We are going to supply a
fully functional portable digital recorder. It will have a multiple
input peamp with gain and panning, a large battery and a notebook HDD.

I have sourced a very tidy little Motherboard which will run 2 sdram
sticks and upto a 1 ghz cerelon. I am going tomorrow to meet with cns
sytems who make a refrigerated cooling unit to replace the fans and
hopefully will be able to use that technology in the design.

The only draw back is that it will only have 2 tracks.ie stereo. The
sound card is an onboard cmipci.

The target audience will be the movie and film industry but I'm guessing
that a lot of other people will find uses for it once we start shipping.

So, I'll check out busybox as that seems the most likely route to take.

Obviously this is more than powerful enough to do a stereo recording but
we don't intend to stop there.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com - For the discerning hardware connoisseur.