Re: [linux-audio-dev] programming question (w/code)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] programming question (w/code)
From: eric pouech (eric.pouech_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 22:25:58 EET

> I can make the buffer as small as 16 bytes and I still have
> the same problem. Perhaps it has something to do with the soundcard's
> buffer?
issue ain't the size of your internal buffer, but the size of the
soundcard (more precisely kernel) buffer
what your program is a busy loop on midi keys, on when none are found
it queues another packet into the driver... which, quite soon, means
your driver's queue is full, and just hear the change freq when you've
played all the queued packets... hence the huge delay
either sync packet queueing with key reading or flush your data before
changing the freq (may be audible on some cases)

A+

--
Eric Pouech (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.pouech/)