[linux-audio-dev] Big Qthread vs. pthread and usleep problem (UPDATE)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Big Qthread vs. pthread and usleep problem (UPDATE)
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 02:52:49 EET

Well, I figured out how to use Qthread, but it seems rather unstable in
the 2.2 version when it comes to time-critical events, and besides it
has the same problem with the usleep function. Now the other even more
funny thing is that the usleep function kept accurate sleep times, but
somehow they are twice as much, so what I ended up doing is doubling the
call to update the timer per cycle of the thread, and now the timer is
back in the working condition. Nonetheless, this is a highly unusual,
since when I implemented the double call, the gui "laggyness" also
vanished... go figure :-). If anyone has any idea what the heck is wrong
with this picture, I'd be greatly thankfull if you shared your knowledge
regarding this issue wth me! Thanks!

Ivica Bukvic