[linux-audio-dev] Re: A sound effect made by me

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: A sound effect made by me
From: Paul (set_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 03:47:34 EET

Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk>, on Thu Nov 29, 2001 [02:12:30 PM] said:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:08:28PM +0200, Nasca Octavian Paul wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I made an very interesting sound effect which I called "AlienWah" because
> > it sounds a bit like a wah but more strange.
> > I put a *very simple* implementation (GPL), the description and a
>
> Have you thought about turing it into a LADSPA plugin. Its really very
> easy, and more people can use it that way.
>
> - Steve

        Hi.

        I bet this thing would be dead easy to make into a
plugin... (but I dont know anything about LADSPA right now...:)
        In case others who dont have borland and windows want to
try this, attached is a patch so that g++ will built it, and you can
use the program as a simple filter to test the effect:

# patch < g++-aw.diff
# g++ alienwah.cpp -o awah
# sox test.wav -t raw -s -r 44100 -w -c 1 - | awah | play -t raw -s -r 44100 -w -c1 -

Paul
set_AT_pobox.com

(I did like the effect, too. But I dont have much experience, to
make comments.)