Re: [linux-audio-dev] Big Qthread vs. pthread and usleep problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Big Qthread vs. pthread and usleep problem
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 04:30:59 EET

On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 15:13, Ivica Bukvic wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am in a process of fixing the resource usage of my app, since right
> now it is an outright "system resource hog." This is due to fact that my
> pthread has an infinite loop constantly checking elapsed time, so that
> it can accordingly update the gui display of the timer (chrono-like
> display). In order to fix this I've tried 2 approaches:

I've never written any QT programs (use GTK currently for my programs),
but looking at the docs it appears there is a QTimer class that
"provides timer signals and single-shot timers". This is probably what
you want to look at. If you are doing threading type stuff, there
appears to also be "Thread Support in Qt" document, perhaps that will
give you some pointers as to pitfalls and other things to watch out for.

Hope that helps.

<cut>

--
    Josh Green