Re: [linux-audio-dev] beat slicer under linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] beat slicer under linux
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 16:35:24 EEST

Erik de Castro Lopo hat gesagt: // Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> It really blew my mind when Paul Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net> said:
>
> > >signal. The patented Beat Munging algorithm looks at the energy in
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Danger Will Robinson!
>
> There's always more than one way to skin a cat and there is always more than
> one single algorithm for achieving a given task.

Another one is included in Miller Puckette's PD, available for MAX/MSP,
too. It's an object called bonk~ and is used to find peaks in percussive
audio signals not only in amplitude, but also in the frequency spectrum. PD
includes an example patch, that's great fun, if you feed it some percussive
music, like techno, house, salsa... The algorithm used is described in a
paper by Puckette, available on his homepage.

bye,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______