Re: [linux-audio-dev] Lots about latency and disk i/o and JACK...<g>

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Lots about latency and disk i/o and JACK...
From: CLOTILDE (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 12:28:35 EEST

Hi
I wanna test the latency on my laptop.
To simply test the latency on my system, can I do that:
I use ecasound:

- record a foo.wav
- play this foo.wav and record a foo2.wav at the same time (input /dev/dsp)
- compare with Snd the 2 waves.

Is the result reliable? Does the difference between the times when the waves start give me the latency of my machine?