Re: [linux-audio-dev] stats please.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] stats please.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 15:22:21 EEST

>honestly, what has M$ and Apple bashing got to do with Linux
>advocacy. yeah, i know the others do it, but that's no reason to
>step down to their level.

The concept is the same but how can I express it eloquently without it
looking like a callous remark?

>i hate to say so, but there's no point
>denying that the mac beats the shit out of linux when you look at
>deployments in pro studios. doing so shows ignorance, not
>superiority.

Deployment yes but in general I don't think so. Anyone who thinks that
having only as much desktop space as your physical screen size is user
friendly might as well be blind and not use the desktop at all. (Not
trying to offend anyone - I assume blind users don't have much use for a
graphical environment)

>add your last remark to the list of things free software creators
>don't do (i know i'm being idealistic), and i'll stop nitpicking.

Do you mean have an axe to grind with the multinational software giants
and the system they have created and exploit in order to sell their
products? I don't know of any free software creators who feel animosity
while contemplating that topic. Hold on.... Nope I can't think of one
person aaaaat alllll. ;-]

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com - For the discerning hardware connoisseur.

"Fighting for peace is like fucking for chastity". Ex NZ Army Signalman David Weir