Re: [linux-audio-dev] ecamegapedal catches up (was: (Re: kladspa?))

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ecamegapedal catches up (was: (Re: kladspa?))
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 13:31:41 EEST

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 08:58:00PM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> Arrggh, and the same for all hint-fields except rangehints->lowbound and
> rangehints->upperbound. I admit I deserve the "how about testing your code
> even once" comment. :)

I would never say such a thing ;) Anyway, I though it was only me that did
that (not mentioning any sifters in particular).

> Another new feature is explicit support for params with
> LADSPA_IS_HINT_INTEGER enabled. I tested this with your Analogue Oscilator
> plugin (id:1205). While testing I also found a couple of plugins that
> are clearly missing the flag:

Excelent, I think thats the first implemention to use it in anger.

> - Ringmod with LFO (id:1189), param "Modulation depth (0=none, 1=AM, 2=RM)"
> - Diode processor (id: 1185), param "Mode (0 for none, 1 for half wave,
> 2 for full wave)"

Aha, those parameters actaully allow you to smoothly change between the
modes, so though they might look like switches, they actually aren't.

The continuous modulator design I nicked from the nord modular, but the
continuous diode is uniqe AFAIK.

> I've had three big items on my ecamegapedal todo-list: 1) sliders for
> params, 2) configuration screen for engine buffering params, 3) bypass and
> mute buttons... so we are thinking along same lines here. Anyway, bypass
> is still on the todo-list, but it should be a quick thing to add
> (libecasound already has the necessary function, so all is needed is
> adding the button).

Cool. If the "chain" section does what I think it does, then this is a
truely wonderful program.

- Steve