Re: [linux-audio-dev] audio from dvd?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] audio from dvd?
From: Peter Surda (shurdeek_AT_panorama.sth.ac.at)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 01:14:20 EEST

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 11:23:30AM -0600, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Speaking of off-topic... but this list seems to be the likeliest to
> have people who know the answer.
>
> What's the best way for me to take the audio track from a DVD so I can
> burn it on a CD-ROM? Yes, the DVD is CSS encoded...
transcode has tools to do this and I believe it also handles CSS (I only have
zone 2 dvds so can't check). I'm extracting it with something like this:

tccat -T 1,-1 -i /dev/dvd -t dvd -d 0 -L | tcdemux -x ac3 -S 0 -M 1 -d 0 | tcextract -t vob -x ac3 -a 0 -d 0 | tcdecode -x ac3 -d 0 | sox -t raw -r 48000 -s -w -c 2 - -t wav output.wav

This expects a stereo ac3. For surround I have no idea how to do this because
sox apparently can't handle 5-channel audio.

If someone knows a ac3->wav converter for linux I'd be very happy to know the
URL. l52dec apparently only handles output to an audiocard.

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <shurdeek_AT_panorama.sth.ac.at>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
Disclaimer: This E-mail, because of shabby security on the Internet, in no way
            reflects my thoughts or intentions. It may even not be from me!