Re: [linux-audio-dev] more ugly waves

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more ugly waves
From: D. Stimits (stimits_AT_idcomm.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 07:09:47 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> >Ok, here is another article on an attempt to make it illegal for any
> >open source product to even touch anything related to commercial media:
>
> its much stronger than that. as currently written, the SSSCA would
> make it illegal to sell, and possibly to use (its unclear) any digital
> device with an open source operating system. its not clear if you
> could buy the device and then install such an operating system, but
> the intent is clearly to lock up the data stream so that even the
> final analog path is not accessible (fools!)
>
> this is perhaps the most dangerous piece of legislation since the
> DMCA, perhaps even more so. i loved the congressional attribution in
> the article: "Senator Hollings (D-Disney)"
>
> --p

Senator Hollings is more dangerous than the Taliban. All the Taliban can
do is kill people, the senator wants to make Americans the enemy. I
can't believe someone so incredibly clueless could be put in a position
of responsibility. Hmm, reminds me of something, that old quote
something to the effect of "we have met the enemy, and they are us". In
a computer and information age, "...this isperhaps the most dangerous
piece of legislation since the DMCA..." is a vast understatement.

D. Stimits, stimits_AT_idcomm.com