Re: [linux-audio-dev] more ugly waves

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more ugly waves
From: Rich (rich_AT_cnylug.org)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 16:21:13 EEST

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:09:47 -0600
"D. Stimits" <stimits_AT_idcomm.com> wrote:

>Senator Hollings is more dangerous than the Taliban. All the Taliban can
>do is kill people, the senator wants to make Americans the enemy. I
>can't believe someone so incredibly clueless could be put in a position
>of responsibility. Hmm, reminds me of something, that old quote
>something to the effect of "we have met the enemy, and they are us". In
>a computer and information age, "...this isperhaps the most dangerous
>piece of legislation since the DMCA..." is a vast understatement.
>
>D. Stimits, stimits_AT_idcomm.com

  This bill solves several problems for the entertainment industry
and MS. It makes it more difficult to access (copy) content, and
it removes the linux threat from MS's path to domination.

 Considering they paid ridiculous sums of money to get these
congressional criminals elected, I guess that entitles them to be
able to write legislation.

 Welcome to America.. one nation, united under Microsoft.

 Rich...

--

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Ben Franklin

'If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.' --George Orwell

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum." -- Noam Chomsky