Re: [linux-audio-dev] low latency + mp3

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] low latency + mp3
From: Jelle (jelle_AT_defekt.nl)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 18:14:08 EEST

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 10:34:11PM +1000, David Burrows wrote:

> The bonus question is about pitch control. I understand that this can be
> achieved by simply changing the sampling rate, however, I'm wondering if
> anyone has knowledge of fast or high quality resampling algorithms?

I think you can do spectral encoding with loads of bands to get very
high quality resampling plus you can do all kinds of other funky stuff
with it. however, this technique is nearly impossible to do realtime on
std computer hardware, atleast with a load of bands.

to do spectral encoding you seperate the freq spectrum into a load of
bands and analize the sample and record the amplitude for each band at
time t. then you can play back that recording resynthesizing the
original sample using sine waves but with a altered speed. you can stop
time and stuff like that.

i suppose bspline interpolation works equally well ;)

cheers

--
jelle herold (defekt)   http://defekt.nl/
seeing digital          http://channelthree.net/