Re: [linux-audio-dev] ecamegapedal catches up

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ecamegapedal catches up
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 20:47:49 EEST

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> PS Reasons for using standard ecasound syntax instead of xml in
> the preset files are a) consistency (-> man ecasound(1)), and
> b) to avoid dependency to a xml-parser library (main ecasound
> only requires libc and libstdc++).

Kai,
I should've responded sooner, but I really think it would be better if you
used a cross-app format for LADSPA presets. One of the best reasons for
using presets is that LADSPA authors can distribute them with their
plugin. They can't do this if there are two competing formats.

The alternative is that Ardour could use your format, but then wouldn't it
make sense for your code to be seperated into library format? Then you're
back where you started, with an external library. Might as well use XML
'cause it's so useful for other stuff.

If you don't like the formating of the preset, we can discuss that.

Taybin