[linux-audio-dev] alsa latency.c in nonblock and block mode

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] alsa latency.c in nonblock and block mode
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 18:06:44 EEST

Hello,

I am using alsa 0.9.0beta8a, and I am having big difficulties
with synchronous I/O. I am using the latency.c test. When I
use it as it is, it eats all the CPU for 30 seconds (well, 3,
I changed to value the second time I tried). I can understand
why this happens, but it is certainly not what I want. I
think that the best, and certainly the most logical, way to avoid
this would be to use block mode. So, I change the NONBLOCK flags
to 0, and snd_pcm_readi and snd_pcm_writei start returning -32
(Broken pipe ??)

What am I doing wrong?

I think it would be good if there would be a blocking version
of the latency test (I think 0.5 was like that, or at least
ifdef'ed)

Maarten