Re: [linux-audio-dev] OpenGL audio equiv?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OpenGL audio equiv?
From: delire (delire_AT_selectparks.net)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 17:30:02 EET

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Constable" <markc_AT_renta.net>
To: <linux-audio-dev_AT_music.columbia.edu>
Sent: Monday, 29 October 2001 12:04
Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?

> Perhaps I should have said "complex". GL, GLU, GLUT and GLE have
> 321 externally callable functions between them. I hope Ardour, or
> anything, will have as many callable sonic routines one of these days.

Try:

Miller Puckette's, Pure Data or 'PD' - modular environment and scripting
language for audio
http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html
has a good list also..

or for audio > video applications:

jMax
Gem

there'll all shaking hands these days. Gem's also now going GL

PD is what you mean I think - though I don't know that audio and OpenGL can
really be compared
very different projects ;-p

de|