Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 13:48:57 EET

Lamar Owen wrote:

<snip>
> The one other common editing task I do is remastering of live LP vinyl. I
> use CEP to do the recording, normalize, process, denoise, depop, etc. I then
> pull over a neat hack called CDWAV that does the track splitting, on CD block
> boundaries, so that I can then burn DAO and retain the continuous 'live
> album' flow. I'm not expecting ardour to do all of this (although it would
> be nice) -- but I have yet to find a program even remotely like CDWAV under
> Linux. Know anyone developing such a beast? :-)

oh, yeah. this would make my life a lot easier, too.
should not be too hard, but i have not yet gotten around to try it.
for my purposes, it would be enough to take a 1 gig wav, be able to
mark track boundaries in some editor (i.e. have a way to simply
export the current cursor location to a text file), correct the
boudary markers so that they correspond to cd sectors and create a
TOC in a format readable by cdrdao.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany