Re: [linux-audio-dev] Converting float to int

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Converting float to int
From: Jussi Laako (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 21:51:17 EET

"David I. Lehn" wrote:

> > Anyway, the problem is I have a buffer of audio represented as floats
> > [-1,+1] that I want to convert to signed shorts for writing to my card.
>
> There is some voodoo done in liba52 in libao/audio_out_oss.c:
> http://liba52.sourceforge.net/

I'm using E3DNow! for the conversion, but can't see much difference between
implementations, because the stuff is somewhere around 0.1% of CPU usage.
Time taken by the conversion is thus insignificant...

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers