Re: [linux-audio-dev] VST plug-ins for Linux?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] VST plug-ins for Linux?
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 09:45:49 EEST

Ah, my favourite subject,

this is something I have spent quite some time to iron out. And yes, I
think it is very possible. But I have a serious lack of time to try some
implementations :-(.

An even better example than the CrossOver plugin is the Codec plugs that
have existed for some time to get Windows multimedia codecs to work
under linux (e.g divx). They use a subset of Wine to add the necessary
library glue. If the plugins don't have a GUI this would work like a
charm. If they DO have a GUI things get harder. We'd probably need to
instantiate a full Wine application and interface that app through some
ipc method.

Regards,
Robert