Re: [linux-audio-dev] VST plug-ins for Linux?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] VST plug-ins for Linux?
From: n. (Knos_AT_free.fr)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 12:21:53 EEST

From: Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 10:09:54 +0200

> n. wrote:
>
> >the vst header (I think)
> > - there is a clause in the buzz plugin include file that specifies that a
> >host cannot be created without agreement with the oskari tammelin. something
> >deep down inside of me tells me this clause is probably invalid.
> >
> >-n
> >
> Hi, again...
>
> For those so inclined I would suggest looking at the sources for psycle
> at www.sourceforge.net. It's an opensource buzz-lookalike win32 tracker
> with support for VST plugins. I think a lot can be used from this
> implementation to get VST plugs in Linux using Wine.

I don't know if the source will be of any use. + it didn't look extraordinary
elegant from what i saw. In any case I'm more interested in being able to reuse
buzz plugins rather than vst ones, most of the really good vst ones are
expensive and i don't really get a kick out of warezing. Buzz plugins are
really numerous (http://www.buzzmachines.com) and even if a lot of them are of
a not so good quality, some of them are quite original and good.

-n