Re: [linux-audio-dev] DSP resources

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] DSP resources
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 20:29:49 EEST

>From: Jussi Laako <jlaako_AT_pp.htv.fi>
>> I have a DSP library under a work. One task is to write music-dsp
>> codes in C for real-time use.
>
>Have you noticed my project at http://libdsp.sf.net, just wondering how much
>overlap there is...

Perhaps it would be better if different projects would co-operate
by sharing algorithms and plain code of a DSP algorithm, not by
contributing to each other's code. Looking at your code reminded
me how difficult it is for me to write in C++ and to somebody else's
system.

It would be better for me to copy and rewrite your code in C with
my style. I'm sure it would be the case the other way.

I copied the overview file for all the functions. I will combine it
with SonicFlow list and my list, and will mail the resulting list to
you.

 -*-

Anyone know how to get overloaded complex number operations to C
without rewriting everything in pure C++ style. It is possible
just to switch compiler to g++ for those files which uses the complex
number operations? Can those object files (functions) then be included
to a program compiled with C?

I already have c_mul(), c_add(), etc. functions but they are really
boring to use. I also have simple wrapper routines for using Pari/Gp
for (non-realtime) computations; Pari/Gp can be found from
"www.parigp-home.de". Because it can compute with complex numbers
it is as easy to use as overloading (but not as efficient).

 -*-

By the way, who was that person who apparently wrote here that he
accept only code submissions to his audio editor? I have submitted
feature descriptions to an editor, but have not got any replies.
I hope I have not submitted to a such wrong project which requires
code submissions only (reminds me about Audiotechque, creeps).

Regards,

Juhana

df140f7cbdd8d71a2c0ac45b7d41f7a1