Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: lawsuit

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: lawsuit
From: David Gerard Matthews Jr. (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 17:40:02 EEST

Szervusz Mate!
I wouldn't worry to much about the lawsuit. After all, there's so much
GPL'd software out there already which attempts to replace or surpass
the functionality of proprietary software that there's no way the big
names can go after it all. (Is Linus afraid of a lawsuit from Microsoft
or Sun? Are the Gimp people afraid of a suit from Adobe?)
However, if you have been planning a GPL'd ProTools-like app, I would
advise you to join an existing project, such as ardour
(http://ardour.sourceforge.net), GLAME (glame.sourceforge.net), or
ecasound (eca.cx), rather than start your own. Of these three, ardour
is the most ProTools-like in what it attempts to accomplish.
Viszontlatasra!