RE: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings
From: STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) ("STEFFL,)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 22:48:40 EEST

  the same concerns are for other types of config files, and at least if you
use XML you have various standard tools that are better tested than special
purpose parser you would have to write for other type of file.

  even if standard parser blows up the worst situation is that you would
have to fix it or write your own parser. so the worst case scenario in case
of using XML is the bext case scenario when using some proprietary config
file...

  and using XML has added advantages of e.g. being able to present config
data to users using style sheets etc...

        erik