[linux-audio-dev] copying commerical features

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] copying commerical features
From: Racz, Mate (reactor_AT_sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 11:13:53 EEST

yo!

>% What's CCA?

cca. = circa

>% Please don't waste your time re-implementing existing technology.

i didn't intend to just copy the programs.
i think their features are great, but the user interfaces are
big craps, so they need to be redesigned.

>% Why don't you add some new and fun features instead? Here are some
>% ideas for you to experiment with: send control messages over a network,

network stuff would be great...

>% convert movements captured by a webcam into control messages, implement a
>% 3D interface with OpenGL, make a softsynth with a more unusual form of
>% synthesis: formant, granular, etc.

my synth will use Csound as output.
need i say more?

>% Why don't you find some actual users (esp. non-programmers) and ask them
>% what they *really* want? Don't be satisfied with answers about how they
>% currently use existing commercial programs. Find out what they dream of
>% doing and try to develop a solution that actually meets those needs.

i'm a hardcore audioware user, so i know what i miss from these
programs, that's why i want to code my own. :)
i asked some friends, but after i planned the whole, i'ma put
it out somewhere, and wait for some other feature-requests.

--
Racz, Mate
linux + IT professional