Re: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 20:43:08 EEST

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Paul Winkler wrote:

> Yeah, on further reflection I don't think it would work. I understand
> that it's very helpful to be able to get the ladspa id from *some*
> part of the path, whether it's the basename or the parent directory,
> and that just doesn't mesh well with a variable number of presets in
> each file. I think it should be either one file per plugin or one file
> per preset. I can't think of any significant advantages to the former,
> and the latter would be a lot easier for hosts to handle.

If this took off, and people started distributing presets, then someone
could write a utility to check the internal id, and move the file to the
correct folder. So I like the idea of having an internal id number if we
use the directory name as id idea.

Any other hosts going to implement this?

Taybin