Re: [linux-audio-dev] Questions about the LADSPA system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Questions about the LADSPA system
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 18:25:36 EEST

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 04:24:58PM +0200, Nicolas Noble wrote:
> Well,
>
> By looking at the LADSPA system, I was taken of surprise by something: is
> there no buffer for control bytes? I mean, if I want to process one frame
> of audio sample with, say, a volume control plugin, but I want that the
> value of the volume control changes during the whole frame, with a

I don't think theres anything stopping a plugin having audio rate ports
that are used for control, in the case of a gain plugin it makes sense.
Actually this would just be an RM plugin, at least one exists:

$ analyseplugin /usr/local/lib/ladspa/ringmod_1188.so

Plugin Name: "Ringmod with two inputs"
Plugin Label: "ringmod_2i1o"
Plugin Unique ID: 1188
Ports: "Modulation depth (0=none, 1=AM, 2=RM)" input, control, 0 to 2
        "Input" input, audio
        "Modulator" input, audio, -1 to 1
        "Output" output, audio

- Steve