[linux-audio-dev] XML and LADSPA settings/networks

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] XML and LADSPA settings/networks
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 14:28:12 EEST

A quick thought on saving plugin settings in XML:

The structure used for this should be self-contained in the XML sense and so
must contain IDs. This is because the representation needs to be extensible
to support complete plugin networks. I've been meaning to do this but
haven't had time.

Putting IDs in filenames may also be a good idea, but I think this rather
depends on how the participating software wants to work with settings rather
than a part of any standard.

--Richard