Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT?] first RME hammerfall dsp's (multiface versions) are slowly trickling in... Any news on development of Linux driver for these beasts?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT?] first RME hammerfall dsp's (multiface versions) are slowly trickling in... Any news on development of Linux driver for these beasts?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 17:29:47 EET

>I guess this is somewhat OT, and probably matters Paul Davis more than
>anyone else (unless someone else is planning on developing driver for
>this beast of a sound card). Is there any news on the development of the
>driver as of yet? Any info would be greatly appreciated since I put
>myself down on the backorder list... Thanks!

a device is being shipped to me. once it arrives, work on the driver
will commence. i announced this on alsa-devel, where other subsequent
announcements will follow. the pcmcia version is slated for at least
the end of january, since there is at least one more h/w rev needed
before RME considers it ready to go, at least from a linux point of view.

--p