Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour / ypmfpci

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour / ypmfpci
From: Alexander Ehlert (alexander.ehlert_AT_uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 12:49:33 EET

> and that's why i use mine as a secondary card for non-rt programs (hey, it
> puts out good sound with low noise, so it's still useful) like playing cds
> and mp3s.

Yeah, that's what I do, too. I bought a Hoontech Digital XG with the
digital bracket. So I have nice optical digital outputs and can record
to my mini disk player. And it was quite cheap. Otherwise for RT stuff
I use my old ISA SB AWE for sampling and my SB Live for output. That
combination works rather well.

Cheers, Alex

--

It is by the fortune of God that, in this country, we have three benefits: freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and the wisdom never to use either. -- Mark Twain