Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another stupid question: Linux & MIDI Interfaces

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another stupid question: Linux & MIDI Interfaces
From: jfm3 (jfm3_AT_ouroboros-complex.org)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 17:22:47 EET

"external" MIDI inteface for Linux/ix86?
Midiator is the way:
MS-124W
One in, four outs. No messing.
(It's the "industrial" version of the MS-124
how cool is that?)
ALSA drivers work great,
at least they did with 9beta3.
I haven't tried them w/ 9beta10a yet.

If you really need an 8x8 interface
you're probably doing something wrong.
Use less gear and more general purpose computer.

(jfm3)