RE: [linux-audio-dev] Another stupid question: Linux & MIDI Interfaces

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Another stupid question: Linux & MIDI Interfaces
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 02:51:59 EET

There are already several supported USB external MIDI interfaces whose
driver can be found here:

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/Breeze/softwares/unix/usbmidi-e.html

I have read about this somewhere a while ago and then also posted it on
this list wondering whether any of these worked well and whether anyone
had problems with any of the supported devices and/or driver. Due to
fact that I am yet to find out more about this one, I have no clue how
well they work in comparison with the serial-port devices (but if the
driver proves to be stable, my assumption is that it should be far
better than the serial port counterpart).

Ico