RE: [linux-audio-dev] FW: Got an answer from Midiman Germany

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] FW: Got an answer from Midiman Germany
From: Dan Hollis (goemon_AT_anime.net)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 22:02:59 EET

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Tim Goetze wrote:
> we had a similar story to this one on alsa-dev a few months ago when
> the ice1712 driver turned out to fail with the audiophile 24/96, and
> m-man (the us headquarter that time) refused to release any
> information to anyone except Jaroslav from ALSA, but he'll probably
> be drowning in work right now with the kernel merge; and afaik he
> must not distribute whatever information m-man provide him with, which
> is a pity indeed.

Huh. I'm the one who initiated contact with midiman-us and ic ensemble,
and i can't recall any such restriction.

Just because midiman-germany are boneheads doesn't mean midiman-us is.

AFAIK Audiophile 24/96 works fine, but you need to use envy24control, not
amixer.

-Dan

--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]